- This is the first, well, second really day of fall break. As usual I have been looking forward to this for weeks, as usual it is only one week anyway, and will go by very fast.
- Nonetheless my husband suggested opening a bottle of champagne for lunch to celebrate, and I was happy to join in. Never mind that I don’t usually get anything done on days when I drink at lunchtime.
- I am about to embark on both NaNoWriMo and NaKniSweMo in November. It is pretty nuts but then I am knitting a sweater that has less than the required 50,000 stitches. I am writing a novel that I have written before, and that was so jumbled and messy that I decided starting over would be less work than revising what I had. We’ll see how that goes.
- This is actually my ten-year NaNo anniversary. I heard about it for the first time during November 2005 when it was too late to join in, and participated for the first time in 2006. That may have changed my life, and made me meet quite a few very interesting people. Also I finally managed to actually write fiction instead of only wishing I wrote fiction.
- In the past few weeks I actually started doing piano exercises. Like the ones my teachers had always wanted me to do, the ones I never could be bothered. And it is kind of fun. Who knew.
- Of course now that I’m so extra busy with the writing, and the spinning of the yarn for the November sweater I have completely failed to do any sewing, embroidery, or weaving. Last Friday I didn’t even clean the house. Bad mother, no cookie.
- Since I’m talking about cookies, despite not eating any for weeks and weeks (cake doesn’t count, does it?) I managed to gain back a whole kilo instead of losing the last 1.5. It is appaling. But then it seem that the siren call of „yet another beer“ and „just a bit more chocolate“ are really strong at the moment.
- That might also have been due to the fact that I didn’t manage to get enough sleep for two weeks or so. But for the last few days I did sleep enough so there might still be hope.
- I am already feeling bad for not having done anything to prepare for Christmas and the November to January birthdays in the family yet. On the other hand there is still time, isn’t there?
- I have made a pledge to not buy any more books (well, mostly). You can read all about it on my „official writer biog“ that still looks a bit raw over here.
- I hope you all have a great weekend as well.
Archives for October 2016
Handgemacht – Folge 67: Kaizen, Namaste und NaKniSweMo-Prep
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Gestrickt habe ich:
- Seidensocken: fertig
- Spinach gone crazy: fertig gestrickt, Enden vernäht, muss noch gespannt werden und Knöpfe kriegen
- Stripey socks: Geringelte Socken aus Regia Sockenwolle für meine Mann sind fertig
- Black Rib: Socken aus schwarzer Regia Silk für mich, der erste braucht nur noch die Spitze
- Sunny Socks: angefangen, bis jetzt habe ich aber nur die Spitze des ersten
Gesponnen habe ich:
- grüne Merino/Seide auf der Bosworth Featherweight weiter gesponnen, das vierte Achtel weiter
- Targhee von Etherische Öle auf der IST Crafts Kreuzspindel weiter gesponnen
- braunes Ashford Merino: auf dem Victoria Probestränge für Armande gesponnen
- rot-weiße Merino-Seide: auf dem Victoria 88 Gramm für Armande gesponnen
Gehäkelt habe ich:
- Bolt: Enden komplett vernäht, muss noch gespannt werden
Genäht habe ich:
- zwei Paar Leggings zusammengenäht, kein lila Garn gehabt, lila Garn besorgt, Gummis zu lang zugeschnitten, erst Mal aufgegeben
- The Laundry Files von Charles Stross
- Armande von Andi Sutterland
- Cat Bordhi: „New Pathways for Sock Knitters“
- Paul Akers
- Asian Efficiency Podcast
- Total Immersion Swimming
- Namaste Taschen (die wollte ich verlinken, aber es gibt die WEbseite nicht mehr)
- Susanne Winter-Autorenblog