This weekend is very special because – my husband is visiting friends. He’ll be actually away for 2 1/2 days. This happens about once every two or three years, and so, of course, I have made special plans. Now, a few days before he’s traveling I still hope for a blissfully empty weekend where I’ll do everything exactly as I like. Experience tells me that usually I just sit around and wait for him to come back because I’m not used to this, and I can’t sleep when he’s not in the house. But for now: hope. So I made little list:
- Sew a bag to hold my two new spindles.
- Weave in ends, sew buttons on, and block every single piece of finished knitting that’s on the “knitting to be finished”-pile.
- Darn socks, and other items of clothing.
- Clean the house including windows.
- Sew a skirt.
- Finish knitting clues 4 to 7 of the Alhambra-Shawl.
- Get enough sleep.
- Go to spinning meeting on Sunday.
- Bake a cake to take to spinning meeting.
- Do something special with my son.
- Take pictures of all the finished knitted items.
- Write a story for the next writer’s group meeting.
- Finish doing taxes.
That’s pretty do-able, don’t you think?