Since I’m not able to attend BlogHer conference, I’m doing this just for fun. (And I’m pressed for time, so I’m not tagging anybody. Feel tagged, if you like.)
1. When did you start blogging and why? Or Talk about your blog. What can I learn about you in under 5 minutes?
I’m not good at “under five minutes”, but I’ll try. I started my blog in August 2005, but didn’t post more than twice until February 2006. I like the chance to write regularly about the things close to my heart. This includes making music, self-improvement, parenting and whatever else comes to my mind.
2. How do you use blogging to build friendships?
I’d like to use it that way, but it didn’t happen yet. Once I went to a blog reading in my neighborhoos, but I was too tired and too shy to talk to anybody. I guess, I’ll have to work on that. I’m reading a lot of blogs, and try to comment.
3. Who do you read every day, rain or shine?
4. How would you describe your writing style?
Strange, clumsy, personal. A little handicapped by the fact that English is not my native language. But my German blog is strange, clumsy and personal too. (Oh, and I’m using too many parentheses.)
5. How do you feel about meeting bloggers in real life? Are you nervous? Will you have great expectations? What do you hope to take away from the BlogHer experience?
I’d love to go to BlogHer. I really wish, I’ll be able to attend BlogHer 07. Of course everybody will be nice, witty, and intelligent. I’d hope to find people who don’t think blogging is weird.
6. So soon we’re going to meet each other at BlogHer. Important question. How do you party?
If I would be there, I’d drink and talk too much. If there’s the right music, I dance, if asked, I sing.
7. What is your favorite thing that you wrote? What got a strong reaction from readers? Links please?
My favorite things that I wrote are: inner parents and inner children, real musicians, and my funniest to date about buying a bra. I rarely get comments, but my series on dieting was read extensively.