When you’re getting a homework assignment from two different sides at once, you know you have to do it. Both Chery Richardson and FlyLady were asking us to write down what we have changed for the better. Since I haven’t done this before, I’ll include things starting last year as well. First the Flylady-related improvements and then the rest:
1. Sink is shining almost every night.
2. I’m dressed to shoes every day before breakfast.
3. I’m “doing” the kitchen every morning and I “swish and swipe” the bathrooms.
4. Laundry is under control.
5. “Homeblessing” gets done almost every week.
6. I’m going to bed on time – almost.
7. I’m eating less sweets and have stuck to my “only one bag of potato chips per month”-rule since May.
8. Since November I’ve been practicing the piano almost every day. There have been only two or three weeks, where I dropped down to one or two times a week.
9. I’ve been starting to practice singing again, ‘though irregular (mostly due to throat problems).
10. I’ve started to play the guitar again and have been playing every other day. Sometimes more. I’m getting calluses on the fingertips of my left hand. (That’s good. It means, guitar playing won’t be hurting any more in the near future.)
11. I’ve been meditating for at least ten minutes every day since I started last June.
12. Since February I’ve been blogging two or three times a week.
13. Since you’re wondering where I find the time to do all this: I’ve reduced TV and computer time. I stopped reading fashion magazines and those that you get for free at the health food store.
14. Since December I’ve reduced drinking alcohol to weekends.
15. Since applying the principles of “Playful Parenting” I’m yelling less at my son.
Not bad, isn’t it. I give myself a pat on the back. Now I only need to make a list with my goals for July.